Current Job Openings
Jensen Landscape Contractor, LLC
Class A Driver and Equipment Operator
DEPARTMENT: JLC Field
REPORTS TO: JLC Fleet Manager
NATURE OF WORK: Under general supervision, coordinates pick up and delivery of equipment and materials to specific job sites. Will act as a laborer when necessary and operate a variety of construction equipment including forklift, tractors, excavators, rollers, skid steers, and trenchers.
Must have 2-3 years construction equipment operation experience and a CDL Class A driver’s license with clean DMV record.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Deliver and pick up equipment and material to specific job sites
- Loads and unloads truck.
- Maintains telephone contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Inspects truck, equipment, and supplies to insure job safety
- Performs routine maintenance on truck.
- Safely operates a variety of construction equipment including forklift, tractors, excavators, rollers, skid steers, and trenchers.
- Acts as a laborer on construction job sites by performing manual labor including grading, planting, and using a pick and shovel, and as directed.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Maintain a daily driver’s log, CHP BIT inspection paperwork, & perform 90 day inspections.
- Duties are performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. of weight frequently throughout the day.
- Ability to repeatedly bend, lift, push, and pull materials and equipment to complete job tasks.
- Ability to work in various positions including, but not limited to, standing, walking, stooping, bending, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extending periods.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess a valid California Class A driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- 2-3 years experience in construction equipment operation and maintenance
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule.
- Bilingual English/Spanish useful.
- Required to enter into CHP Pull Notice Program and DOT Random Drug Testing Program.